Anyone thought about publishing their own book?
Friday, July 15, 2005

Here are the facts: 1.) I enjoy reading to my children. 2.) Before my son goes to bed, we sing a made-up song that includes a recap of his day worked into it. The most mundane things are like platinum hits to both of us. 3.) Sometimes I make up stories with my kids as the main or supporting characters. 4.) Reading and made up stuff really entertains the kids. 5.) Before I had kids, I used to create handmade greeting cards for friends and family with crayons/colored pencils and mixed-media collages, often humorous in nature.

So I've thought about putting some of my stories to paper and publishing myself. A friend gave me a book on publishing children's books a few years ago, and I wasn't exactly sure why. Today, the internet could make this project a lot easier to self-publish traditionally or online publishing.

Anyone done this? Any success? Please comment if you have any good ideas to pass along. Thanks.

Unknown at 12:20 AM | Permalink | Feedback (1) | Site Feed |




1 Comments for Anyone thought about publishing their own book?
Check out print on demand publishers as a way to start out. Alternatively, you can get in touch with traditional publishers to find out more about the publishing process. I'm thinking about publishing too, and it is a really interesting area.
  • Posted at 4:19 AM | By Anonymous Anonymous

[ back home ]



My Current Paid Survey Totals

Sponsored Links
Credits

  Template copyright:
    V4NY
  Distributed by:
    Powered by Blogger